5 ways to take care of your candles
1) Trim the wick - before lighting, trim the wick to ¼" using scissors or a wick trimmer for a clean, safe burn and increased candle lifespan (who doesn't want that?!)
2) Let it burn - Allow the wax to melt to the edges of the jar EVERY BURN to prevent tunneling - especially important on the first burn!
3) Safety first - Never leave a lit candle unattended, and don't burn for more than 4 hours at a time (LOOKING AT YOU, CANDLE LOVERS). To protect the surface below from heat, place your candle on a coaster or tile.
4) Know when to stop - Don't burn your candle if only ¼" - ½" of wax remains. Lighting a candle without enough wax can overheat the jar.
5) Reuse it - Once the candle is finished, clean out the jar! Now you have a new planter or pencil holder or whatever you'd like!